Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Emily and Tyler

After Reading stephanie's blog about how her and Jay met, I thought i'd do the same in honor of valentine's day. It's long so get ready, maybe grab a snack.
We met while we both worked at WalMart. Around this time of year.  I worked in the pets department, and he worked on the 4to1 crew (unloading trucks) I usually worked from i usually worked 4 to close (12 or 1) so we had the same lunch. As did my sister Amy. One day he came in the breakroom with his friend Mark and looked right at me as he said, "woa what smells like fish" I thought he was making fun of me since i worked dipping fish all night. so I leaned over to my sister and said, "i hope it isn't me."  He thought i was being dirty, so he bust up laughing. I guess it kind of broke the ice because he and mark started sitting at my table after that. One day I noticed he had a metallica patch on his jacket and i took my opportunity. (He was a real popular guy at work and a blast to be around so i wanted to get to know him better) I asked him about music and that's what got us talking. We decided to go see Laser Floyd at the Planetarium. We hadn't called it a date or anything. I wasn't sure i was ready to date. I'd had my heart broken not long before that so i wasn't quick to jump into anything yet. We planned on going the next week after we'd got paid. He said you drive and i'll pay. During the week before his friends kept asking me when our "date" was, I thought he'd called it a date and i didn't want him to feel bad so i didn't say anything. During the same time my friends asked him when our date was and he didn't want me to feel bad so he didn't say anything. (We had a good laugh about it later) So our first date came and we were about to meet when i got a call that an old friend of my ex Dave had just died. My friend Craig couldn't  find his phone number so i called Dave to tell him and he chewed me out so bad (I made the mistake of asking how he was doing...What a Jerk!) that i was bawling when i went to pick up tyler. I didn't want to start off our first date that way, but i explained what happened and he was way cool with it. he even offered to come to the funeral with me. It was sweet. We didn't end up going to the planetarium we just went back to my house and talked all night. He was such an awesome guy and we never ran out of things to say. I took him home at about 6 am. we were both tired. After that we were pretty much inseprable. Everyday we were together. I went everywhere with him. I pretty much stalked him. He is still the sweetest guy. He is amazing.  I  felt so comfortable with him right away. I just knew he'd be something great in my life.  He is an amazing father and husband. He's really patient and hard working. He is my rock! Don't get me wrong we all have our qwirks but, he is better than anything I could have asked for. My greatest desire is to be sealed together as a family. For time and all eternity. Someday we will...I hope!

No comments: