Monday, January 11, 2010

Families can Be Together Forever

I went to a funeral today for a dear cousin, Ryan Lewis Flinders. He was only 24 years old. He's actually my mom's cousin's son but we all grew up in hooper so it seems closer. The funeral was nice and it really got me thinking, Life here on earth is not guaranteed. You never know when your time will come. You should live every day as if it were your last. You never know if the words you say in anger will be the last words your loved one will ever hear. The Funeral was especially nice because of the knowledge the family has about being an eternal family. They know that even though his life has ended they will all be able to be together again. Which brings me to the hardest part for me, the part which brought me to tears and had me bawling like a baby, It was when they sang Families can be together forever. As you may know, My Husband and I have not been sealed in the Temple, It is not a priority to him right now. So as of now my children aren't sealed to us. I have the hardest time because I don't know what would happen to them if I died today. I can't stand the idea of losing my children. I am having a hard time with the idea. I guess all I can do is try to be a good example to him and never give up. I'm just so worried it will be too late. Jaidyn is getting baptized in two years and She has said she wants her daddy to do it. She has her heart set on it. I wish he would come through for her. Tyler is the type of guy that if you try to push him into something he doesn't want to do, he takes two steps backward. He will not jump into something without thoroughly researching it and picking it apart and there are just some things he asks that I can't answer. We tried having the missionairies over but the guy was so rude to us and acted like we were waisting his time because he wasn't getting a Baptism out of either of us. (we have both been baptized) He was horribly rude, in fact after that day they never called us again to set up an appointment. It was like all he wanted was Baptisms. It didn't matter to him that tyler needed something else. It pretty much turned him off to the idea. He isn't completely opposed to the idea of joining the church he just doesn't believe everything that the church teaches. He is very skeptical. So here I sit waiting, and working, hoping and praying. I will never give up!!! In hopes that someday I will get what I desire most....An Eternal Family!

No comments: